Juvenile Law

Ms. Bartee has represented clients in a wide variety of actions in Juvenile Court including:
  • Guardianships for Minors
  • Dependency Actions Involving Department of Child Services
  • Termination of Parental Rights
  • Adoptions

Guardianships for Minors
Ms. Bartee understands the unique concerns that come with addressing the guardianship needs of minors and recognizes the emotional difficulties that can accompany assigning a minor a guardian. Ms. Bartee will help guide you through this process while working to protect the rights of the child involved.

Dependency Actions and Termination of Parental Rights

Ms. Bartee has represented parents, children, foster parents and relatives in Juvenile Court after a dependency action or Petition for Termination of Parental Rights has been filed. In Juvenile Court, experience is critical. Ms. Bartee will provide the experience necessary to assist families in navigating this difficult process.

Contact a professional, experienced attorney.

In order to set up an appointment call 480-730-5211.

Juvenile Dependency Law Protection
Juvenile Dependency law protects children from abuse and neglect. Private Juvenile Dependency cases are initiated when a relative, caregiver or other concerned person files a Petition with the Juvenile Court alleging that a child is being neglected, abused or that the parents of the child are unable to provide care. The Department of Child Services (DHC) can also initiate these cases by filing a petition after receiving a report about the child’s care or investigating the matter through its social workers. Upon filing the Petition, the Court issues an order appointing a Guardian Ad Litem for the child and scheduling a hearing.

These types of cases can involve numerous parties including the parents, children, family members, state agencies, and a variety of court-appointed attorneys. A finding of Dependency is appropriate when there is evidence that the parent or guardian cannot minimally exercise care and control of the child. A dependent child may be united with parents if the parent demonstrates that he or she has corrected the problem that caused a dependency finding.

Termination of Parental Rights are cases wherein there are allegations that the parents have abused, neglected or abandoned the children. In order for a child to be adopted, the parents must either consent to the adoption or a Petition for Termination of Parental Rights must be filed. DCS will often seek to terminate parental rights if a parent fails to remedy the circumstances which resulted in the child being removed from the parents’ care.